Karen Beyea-Schroeder has almost two decades of diverse experience in the practice of law and has always focused her career on helping those in need. She believes the focus of any lawsuit is to get justice for clients. She aggressively pursues the client’s interests in litigation, rather than just waiting to see how things play out. This moves cases forward to help clients get the opportunity to seek justice in the courtroom.
Karen was born in Buffalo, New York and throughout her life has lived in New York, New Jersey, and Texas. At the start of her career, Karen served in the United States Army Judge Advocate General Corps in the Legal Assistance and Claims Departments as well as served as a Military Prosecutor and Special Assistant U.S. Attorney. While in the Army, she worked on various cases ranging from traffic investigations to prosecuting rape and homicides. Karen is licensed to practice law in Arizona, New Jersey, New York and Texas.
Her practice is devoted primarily to litigation matters where she focuses on various product liability, personal injury and complex commercial litigations. Karen has represented thousands of clients who have been injured by dangerous drugs and medical devices. Some notable cases that she has been involved with include representing numerous victims involving pharmaceutical drugs and devices: Trasylol, Hip Implants, Knee Implants, Testosterone Replacement Therapy, Levaquin, Avelox, Cipro and Essure to name a few. She has fought against pharmaceutical giants including Ethicon, Johnson & Johnson, American Medical Systems, Endo Pharmaceuticals, Boston Scientific Corporation, C.R. Bard, Zimmer, Inc., Bayer, Neomedic, AbbVie and Pfizer to name a few. She has also assisted former NFL players in the NFL Concussion Litigation.
Most recently, Karen is one of the managing attorneys representing thousands of women injured by trans-vaginal mesh implants. She is also one of the lead attorneys appointed by the court to represent women nationwide for damages suffered as a result of the Neomedic trans-vaginal mesh implants.
Karen strives to achieve justice for each of her clients who have suffered at the hands of a pharmaceutical drug, medical device or defective product.
- Canisius College, B.A., 1994
- Seton Hall University School of Law, 1997
- State Bar of New Jersey, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1997
- State Bar of New York, 1998
- State Bar of Arizona, 2002
- State Bar of Texas, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2015
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2015
- "Turning the Tables in Transvaginal Mesh Litigation," Trial (2013).
Honors and Distinctions
- Houston's Top Lawyers, H Magazine, 2010-present.
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2016-2017
- AV Preeminent Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, 2016
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of New Jersey
- State Bar of Arizona
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association